Structured Outpatient Addiction Program (SOAP) / Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Services are provided to all individuals seeking treatment for new or recent sobriety. The SOAP clinical team’s primary goal is to provide a safe, therapeutic environment conducive to positive growth and change. Counseling, case management and other support services are offered to our clients and designed to address issues and concerns relevant to recovery maintenance, positive reintegration into society, and the reduction or harm to physical and emotional health.
SOAP/IOP is a 4-6 week intensive outpatient program; length of treatment is tailored to meet the needs and goals of individual participants. Clients have a variety of options to attend this program dependent on the hours offered at each Arbour site.
Program Components can includes:
- Bio-psychosocial evaluation
- Individual and group therapy
- Family education (with client permission) and consultation
- Contact and collaboration with other treatment team members, including primary care physician
- Behavioral assessment, treatment and recovery planning
- Case management
- Individualized treatment planning
- Identification of community and social support systems
- Relapse prevention education, including structuring of time outside the program
Group therapy provides support and resources from trained professionals, along with a chance to connect with peers who face the same challenges of addictions. Group topics may include: Psychoeducational and Community Resources, Relationships in Recovery and Codependency, Early Recovery Skill Building, Self-Esteem and Stress Management and Relapse Prevention and Life Skills