Partial Hospitalization Program
A Partial Hospitalization Program is a day or evening program in which a patient receives treatment throughout the day or evening and then returns home at night. A great step-down from inpatient treatment or diversionary to an inpatient admission. Works well for someone who needs the structure of inpatient treatment but has the ability to remain at home at night, or when traditional outpatient services have not been effective in fully meeting a patient’s needs. Arbour Counseling has multiple PHP programs designed for every type of patient, no matter if they are a child, adolescent, adult or older adult.
Our Partial Hospitalization Programs are group-based and short-term for individuals requiring a higher level of care. Our teams work to promote a group that is therapeutic, safe, and supportive. We thrive for an environment in which the emotional and psychological well-being of the individual is maintained and encouraged. We provide intensive therapy in a nurturing setting to help patients improve functioning and regain a better quality of life. Group therapy gives patients the opportunity to learn from peers and gain support while allowing them to maintain at home.
Our Partial Programs staff includes Master-Level Clinicians and Graduate Level Interns that work in collaboration with an Occupational Therapist, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Psychiatrist to provide short-term group therapy.
Our PHPs Consist of:
- Interdisciplinary Treatment Team
- Initial Psychiatric Assessment
- Groups including; Psychotherapy, Psycho-Education, Expressive Therapy, and Occupational Therapy.
- Medication Management
- Coordination of care with outside providers
- Discharge and Aftercare planning
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP): Typically half-day programming a few times a week, patients have the ability to maintain responsibilities while still continuing with intensive treatment.
For more information, please call our PHP referral number at 855-575-2273.
Child Partial Hospital Programs
- Children Partial Hospitalization Programs: Serving ages 6-12 years old at our following locations: Allston (The Boston Center), Lowell, Norwell and Franklin.
Adolescent Partial Hospital Programs
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Programs: Serving ages 13 years old at our following locations: Allston (The Boston Center), Fall River, Lowell, Worcester, Franklin and Norwell.
Adult Partial Hospital Programs and Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Adult Partial Hospital Programs & Intensive Outpatient Programs: Serving 18+ at our following locations: Fall River, Haverhill, Norwell, Woburn, and Worcester.
Young Adult Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Programs:
- Young Adult Partial Hospital Program & Intensive Outpatient Program: Serving ages 18-29 at our following location: Woburn and Norwell.
Older Adult Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Programs:
- Older Adults Partial Hospital Program & Intensive Outpatient Program: Serving ages 65+ at our following location: Fall River.
Dual Diagnosis Partial Hospital Programs (Mental Health/Substance Use Tracks)
- Dual Diagnosis (Substance Use and Mental Health) Partial Hospital Programs for adults at our following locations: Fall River, Haverhill, Norwell, and Woburn.
Spanish Speaking Adult Partial Hospital Program & Intensive Outpatient Program
- Spanish Speaking Adult Partial Hospital Program at our Haverhill Location – currently Virtual Only.
Telehealth Services: Partial Hospital Programs & Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Connecting with your treatment team has never been easier
- Keeping you and our community healthy and safe, as well as maintaining mental well-being, have always been and remain our top priorities. As we face challenges presented by COVID-19, we also strive to provide the care and support you and your family need to stay healthy — physically, mentally and emotionally.
- We’ve expanded our PHP and IOP outpatient programs to include a virtual platform so that patients wishing to participate may do so through the use of telehealth. This HIPAA-compliant format allows you to take part in all the components of PHP and IOP as you would during an in-person admission. Individuals will see and speak with clinicians and prescribers — all in real time, respectful of social distancing practices. Telehealth offers remote access to PHP and IOP services of individuals of all ages.
PHP Programs Coming Soon
- Specialized Healthcare Workers Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Franklin Adolescents Partial Hospitalization Program